Summit Meetings: are they productive?


Summit Meetings: are they productive?

Where are you living at? What is your country? I don’t mean to be rude, either you belong to one industrial country or developing country; have you ever questioned yourself how good your president? To international content, how good his image building in front of other leaders? How does he do it? Or, let me put it simply, have you thought that your president might be wasting more energy serving the international image than he is on his country, by mean for his people/ constituents?

For international study, it is right to believe that it is necessary to build a strong connection with international realm/ politics, as important as serving his people. However, the question is, is it easy to maintain both respectively balance?

I believe it is not. Only a half-god-man would be possible.
Think about this, if I were the president of United States; how many meetings will i have to attend in order ensure my foreign policy/ my people policy. Put it, I have to attend the Nato Summits, I have to gather with other world leaders in Camp David, and I will have to attend a G-8 Summit, within a week. A month ago, I attended the Rio de Janeiro Summit and talk about the issue of environment. Meanwhile, I also had to say a word with various world critical issues such as North Korea’s missile launch. I had to be involved in six party talks, and the rest summits. Those are the summits that publicly known through media. But, is there no chance that there was no “secret summits”? of course there’s some secret summits, the numbers could be larger than any summits we’ve known so far.

I know one of you would argue that “That a president must do”. Well, I have another opinion. Who’s money pays those long journeys? Have you ever wondered if those talks/ summits really represent our “people” (I mean opinion)? Is there any direct influence that makes us thing our voice is heard internationally? We actually didn’t know it, did we? Or did you?
(continued)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GEOSTRATEGI AMERIKA SERIKAT

Problem Multikultural di Negara Monokultural: kasus Uyghur di Provinsi Xin Jiang terhadap mayoritas China Han, RRC

TEORI-TEORI GEOPOLITIK